Thursday, October 09, 2008

 

getting my life back

all sundays (mostly afternoon to evening) of my bar review months were spent in starbucks in binondo (the one at the foot of san fernando bridge) studying. that routine seemed endless. my brother and sister-in-law would drop me off early afternoon, then i'd go to my favorite study corner, get myself a drink and some pastries (when i feel mighty rich. haha! - which doesn't come often), start studying and wait until they fetch me late at night.

since my late college years and all throughtout my law school life, i always studied in coffee shops. for two reasons. one, i fall asleep in the library. two, i falll asleep at home. this, though, does not mean that i don't fall asleep in a coffee shop. but at least the "sleeping time" is limited.

during the times that i study in a coffee shop, i always envied the people who came in to sit down and read a good book. (READ: non-law books) i was all too excited to be one of them. to enter starbucks without any law books and to just sit down, relax and read.

after a hearty lunch with sarj yesterday, i went to starbucks in binondo. as if going through my old routine, i went up and saw that someone was studying in my favorite study spot. so i got a drink and comfortably settled in the nearby table and started reading a book. this i haven't done for more than 4 years. at least now, i have my life back. :)


---

force of habit: i took out my orange marker to highlight the lines i liked. old habits are indeed hard to break. hehe!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?