Sunday, December 19, 2004

 

of responsibilities and trust

i still haven't found the answer as to why i haven't quite gotten used to my dad being a nagger (and overly protective) after all these years. i can hear comments... "nah, he's just concerned about your safety" or "he just cares for you." well, this is really an over-used topic, call it gasgas. you know, stuff like generation gaps and all. i just can't help it, i just want to do some ranting as i always do.

ok, first... why the topic. i came from 2 christmas parties earlier. one at my high school alumni association (take note: in manila) and the other is the party of our law school block (in ortigas). i was supposed to ditch the alumni association party because it was my friend's birthday party also (i'm really sorry janice... got lost in pasig. juice ko naman kasi san ka ba naman kasi nakatira? hehe... joke! more on this later) but no thanks to my dad, he took it that i was going and said yes to the president without first asking me. this explains my ire, my schedule for the day is ruined. why does my dad not understand that i have my own schedule and commitments to keep. so much for him giving me endless lectures on punctuality and learning to keep commitments (i can hear him: "just like the doings of good businessmen" yeah right!)

fine. as they say, patience is a virtue. i went to manila after my classes and literally just dropped by the party. talk about eat-and-run. the traffic was horrendous, to say the least. i tried to go to janice's party but to no avail. (janice, here's my explanation) i was driving alone. my cellphone battery got emptied. i had no car charger. i was starting to get lost in pasig and had no way of calling my friend (or anyone at all) for directions. realizing that i was on my way to rizal (i think) already, i decided to re-trace my path and just head for the block party in ida's place.

(skip party part... suffice it to say that i had fun kahit bitin)

i left ortigas at around 12:30am because my dad started to call asking me to go home at around 11:30pm. wow, what a way to enjoy the party. arrive at the venue at 10pm and leave after an hour and a half. goodness! fine, just so i won't have to have my ears suffer from hearing stuff i've heard before, i decided to go home. and as expected, the first thing i heard was that it was already late. (ryan retorts in his head: hello?!? you forced me into going to the party in manila and now you tell me that it's late?)

now the ranting part (as if i hadn't done so earlier). why do i sometimes feel that i don't get trusted with the things i do. i get the point that parents just want their children to be safe. but i guess that through the years, i've very much proven that i know what i'm doing. heck, if i didn't i could have had myself intoxicated during the party and drove home afterwards. but i didn't. another thing i hate is when my dad always double checks from other people the things i say (like where i will go or even what time my classes start and end). makes me think that i'm still being treated as a child (although i don't wanna age anyway) who has to be taught on a step-by-step basis. once and for all, i know what i'm doing and i know when i should ask for help. (again, don't get me wrong, i appreciate almost everything my dad does... well, except for this)

makes me miss my mom more. i wish she was still here with us. she trusted me so much, i hardly had to make (white) lies.

there...

Comments:
hi ryan, strawberry-milk-kris here. i can totally relate. only its tougher for me because i live with relatives. when it's parents, parang masmadali makipag negotiate pero pag iba wala ka na rin talaga magagawa kasi nakikitira ka lang. imagine, ilang taon na ko dami pa rin bawal like staying out late at night. hehe. pero wala eh, ganun talga. make the most out of it na lang. :)
 
HOY DUMBO!!!

First of all, hindi ko birthday. hahahahahaha, ang hindi ko maintindihan, kala ng lahat bday ko... dahil ba hindi ako pinapayagan sa parties noon kaya feeling niyo ang justifiable reason para magparty ako ay birthday ko lang?!?

IBA NA TO NGAYON!!!
hahahahahahahhaha

owel, i know YOU'VE MISSED A LOT, so punta ka na lang sa blog ko para makita mo ang mga picture man lang. :)

don't worry, next year ulit. I'll make it as a tradition. :) More tapat people every year. :)

merry xmas quanee!!!
 
hay. some parents don't trust their kids because some kids are crummy drivers and do the craziest things behind the wheel, such as hit buses from behind along edsa, or attempting a 180 degree turn on katipunan avenue. at least matino-tino ka mag-drive. but not everyone's like you :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?