Thursday, November 11, 2004

 

more or less, this is it

the sign i was asking for if i should continue with law school: if i should pass all my subjects, then probably i should go on. if not, then this is probably not the right career for me. seriously, i wasn't satisfied with my performance for the entire semester.

so far so good... only 2 subjects have not been released, 1 of which is a sure-pass subject and the other, a pass-or-fail subject. so more or less, this is it. more than just the sign, i hope this is really the right thing to do.

i enrolled already for the next semester. but i still have a few days left (before classes start on the 16th) to think things over. you see, i like what i'm doing but it might not like me. (gets?) another thing is, while i probably like it, i still want to do other things or pursue other careers. let's just say that, it sometimes comes to a point that i want law to be my "hobby" while having another career. for one thing, if i couldn't stand an 8-5 office job, how much more reading tons of cases for my entire lifetime? another question that haunts me is if i really like the legal profession (not the subject!!!) or i just want the title. a lot of things still linger on my mind. i just need to sort things out. (i don't know if this is an "asap" thing)

pressure also comes into play. my dad asked about my grades awhile ago. i told him i passed everything and i made a jest that if i failed a subject, i'd quit law school (which was actually part of my plans). his only answer was: "anong ayaw? nandyan ka na." as if i couldn't get out or, possibly, forced out.

but for now, life continues in law school (so, stay tune with my law school escapades... hehe!)...

Comments:
rye--whatever makes you happy. think about it. your parents will support you whatever happens--if they wont, you know we will ;).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?