Wednesday, October 27, 2004

 

end of 1st semester in law school

how do i start this? well, 4 months had passed since i started law school and admittedly, i learned quite a number of things ranging from the mundane to the, well, quite serious of things.

ok, lemme go on by saying that i won't start with a litany of "lessons in life" and "words of wisdom." just my random thoughts on things (and hopefully get them into some form of coherence because at the moment, my brain is in vacation mode already).

moving on...

first of all, let me point out that i never thought that law school would be this hard. yes, my dears, it seems to me that with the way i'm "studying" in law school, i didn't REALLY study back in college, except when midterms are up or finals and similar other situations. ok, let's see... first they let me read 800+ pages for a week's class (yes, this is just an introductory course) and as one can actually imagine, each passing day seemed to progress or worsen depending on how you view things.

i was looking at the pile of papers (cases and all) in my room and i'm thinking of putting them into one stack just for the heck of checking if they actually stand taller than i am already.

oh yeah, i realized this just now. i was looking at my wallet which was surprisingly bulky. i checked the inside and, voila! found quite a thick pile of receipts from starbucks which i apparently had accumulated from my more than a week's studying at starbucks. oh about that, i seem can't get to study properly at home because of all the temptations around like food and especially tv and the bed!!! which reminds me, i did this during one of the last days i studied in starbucks. in order not to loose my table and seat, i actually left my things there, went out of starbucks through the other exit, went to mcdo, ate, then came back in through the same door i used to exit a while back and nonchalantly sat down as if i just went out to get something or talk to someone. hehe!

on to the more serious thoughts... asked by a friend of what i am going to do this sembreak. (yes, i now remember the feeling of having a sembreak after 5 years of deprivation due to la salle's trimestral system) well, my answer to that query was "probably do some soul-searching and review my vision in life." profound as it may sound, that is what i actually need to do.

entering law school this year was actually one of the last things on my list. but due to my dad's "cunning" technique of concinving me to try taking these entrance exams at the guise of taking them "without pressure." meaning, if i don't pass, at least i know how it looks like and just take the exams again the following year. i thought it was THAT easy. then of course, that thing called fate or destiny or whatever you would want to call it, had to make a twist on my supposedly planned life and made me pass the exams.

to cut the story short, here i am at the end of 1st semester and i realized that i've never been so unsure with everything in my whole life. being the segurista that i am, i always make sure that everything is in place and i get my way out at all times alive. now? i really don't know. suffice it to say that november 8 will be the deciding day if this should be my career or just one of my interests on the side. until then, i wouldn't know.

this long entry probably caps off my first semester in law school, which could be possibly be the last.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?